Berlin Packaging is the nation’s premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing – and importantly, collaborative – entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we’re not done yet.
Who we are searching for
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! We are seeking a Contract Recruiter to augment our Talent Acquisition team, with a specific focus on West Coast (in particular, Northern and Southern CA) Sales and Supply Chain Recruitment. Please note that while we cannot guarantee a permanent role after 6 months, it is also not completely out of the question. We can also offer full time benefits during this period.
The right candidate will have a passion for the “selling” aspect of recruitment — i.e. cold sourcing prospects, getting them engaged and ready to listen to our story. The great thing about this company is that, once we get our prospects on the phone and tell our story, we almost always convert them to an actual candidate with strong interest in our opportunities. As for who you’d be working with, of course we are biased, but we’ve got a great HR team here at Berlin and everyone (particularly our hiring managers) is willing to help you learn.
This role can be anywhere, but there is a preference for a candidate on the West Coast who really understands the California labor market.
- Meet with managers and HR to discuss their hiring needs and formulate strategy
- Design and coordinate the hiring process
- Source qualified candidates via job sites, databases, networking etc.
- Help establish connections with professional groups, communities and other organizations
- Select and present qualified candidates to hiring teams
- Help hiring teams interview candidates through various methods (e.g. structured interviews, behavioral interviews)
- Advise hiring managers to help them make better hiring decisions
- Create reports on hiring progress and other recruiting metrics
- Assist with onboarding new hires
- Fulfill the employee portion of the Berlin Values
- Other tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proven success as a sales recruiter
- Hands-on experience in the entire recruitment life cycle
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Industry hiring experience is a plus
- Familiarity with recruiting software (e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of effective hiring practices (e.g. social media recruiting)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Outstanding organization ability
- BSc in HR, Business or relevant field
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance, employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship.